Tuesday, August 12, 2008

To Dream The Impossible Dream

What do we have if not our dreams?

My entire life I have spent countless hours deliciously painting vivid mental pictures of the endless possibilities of my life. I have meticulously developed businesses, conjured career schemes, bought and decorated countless dream homes, wrote screenplays and lyrics, and imagined living in foreign countries. And even though most of these have remained dreams yet unfulfilled, the hours spent visualizing and anticipating have been filled with excitement and utter joy. I am sure that my pulse quickens and my heart races during these brilliant sessions.

These days I feel a strong compulsion to live on a rural piece of land, living a sustainable life in a green home, growing our own food, raising chickens for eggs and goats for milk -- never mind the cute factor! I want to create the kind of home that (future) grandkids want to flock to - and that cultivates an airy peaceful existence.

At 48 with the last of my three daughters closing in on her own dream of graduating high school and going to university, I have a sense that this time heralds a new beginning for me. I can feel creativity surging within and my interest in photography renewed.

My husband teases me that I always say I get a tickle in my tummy when I feel something good is about to happen -- and the teasing comes from the fact that I feel this frequently! Call me an eternal optimist -- however I can feel the tides turning and that familiar little tickle is back.

One thing I know for sure is that dreams do come true -- and there really are no impossible dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment