Thursday, January 1, 2009

Affirming the New Year

Today is the first day of 2009, and first day of everything possible. What is it about new starts that motivate us? I just answered my own question. New starts. Blank pages. Clean slate.

A new story waiting to be written. As I reflect on my life and the experiences, events and milestones of the past year I can't help but wonder what the upcoming year will bring. Actually, I subscribe to the idea that we bring "it" to our own lives. It is our story to create. The hardest part is deciding exactly what I want out of the year.

I used to write lengthy lists of goals and action plans - and most came to fruition. These days my wants and wishes are fewer and somewhat more simple ... I prefer to affirm them:

I call my children and parents (hubby's parents too) more often.
I move my body at least three times a week.
I eat lots of green things!
I reach out to those who are lonely or in need.
I tell my loved ones that I love them and what they mean to me.
My hubby, children and family are healthy.
I refrain from complaining.
I give more than I take.
I am kind to our environment and planet.
I volunteer.
I read a book a month.
I write daily.
I count my blessings every day, and am thankful for the gift of each day.

Here's to fresh starts and to creating a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment