Sunday, January 4, 2009

Procrastinating Can Be Fun

So today I was supposed to take down the tree and put away the Christmas decorations and say my final farewell to the holiday season. I had good intentions but I also had a conflict -- with my new approach -- taking it as I like it. Instead I lounged in bed for an extra hour this morning, remote in hand, surfing channels to find out what happened in the world overnight. Funny enough, CNN (the Cable NEWS Network) doesn't cover more than one story at a time! I tried HNN (Headline News) but they were just goofing around and seemed more like TMZ than a news channel. Thank goodness for the CTV Newsnet and BBC. Journalism lives! However, I digress.

Had my self-prescribed 2 mugs of coffee and a big bowl of Cheerios and then puttered some more. I surveyed the situation and Hubby even brought up all of the crates and boxes out of the basement for me to fill. Decided we needed food and went grocery shopping. Called eldest and youngest daughters to invite them for spaghetti tonight (which Hubby makes so well - with big, spicy meatballs). Yum. I can smell them cooking as I write this procrastinate.

Made the mistake of logging onto my computer and flicking on the TV when I got home. Of course I had to watch Step Mom for the tenth time ... especially that part when Susan Sarandon is singing Ain't No Mountain High Enough with her kids. But again -- I digress, or procrastinate. Or both.

As I sit here contemplating if I should have wine with my dinner (even though tomorrow is a work day), my tree is lit up, my garlands and banisters a ablaze in white light for the final time and I have decided to defer undressing the house. Rather, we will enjoy the beauty one more day (or two) or until I get my backside in gear.

What is that quote? Don't put off 'til tomorrow what you can do today.
I think I prefer Mark Twain's version: Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

And so the tree will wait. But the spaghetti won't, and a little glass of wine never hurt anyone. Cheers - and here's to taking it as it comes - or as you like it.

1 comment:

  1. Ha Ha! love this one!
    I still haven't taken down my tree yet... HA!
    I have to agree with you Procrastinating can be fun!
    Have a good one!
    Sandra :)

    ReplyDelete