Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Starry Eyed

For Christmas, Kidlet gave me tickets to see the Dancing With the Stars tour. She and I are self-confessed fans and it was a regular date every week to watch it together. A rare night out with Kidlet. After many adventures in parking (or trying to find it) during rush hour in the city core, and the unexpected sight of a man openly urinating in the train station vestibule as he pontificated about the summertime [Kidlet - "Mom -- don't looook!"] and after fighting the sub zero temperatures and winds, we made it to the venue.
The search for good parking robbed us of a restaurant meal, so junk food gobbled over an empty counter/garbage can had to suffice. I snapped shots as kidletsmiled and rolled her eyes. Cute.



Loved the show! Loved her face as she watched it. Cherished the time with her -- even if it started off a little rocky. We both need to become better listeners.

We didn't dance with the stars last night, but I swear we had them in our eyes.

Thanks Kidlet.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the pictures! Bring them to work tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! You're lucky. I'll bet it was a great show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just love Dancing with the Stars! Aren't you lucky! :)

    ReplyDelete