Saturday, January 10, 2009

Warming Chilly

A cold snowy day like today had me looking for comfort food. Hubby wasn't too hungry for dinner as he had a late "healthy lunch" so I took the opportunity to cook something that he is not too fond of --- chili! I'm a messy cook. I find chopping fresh vegetables, the fragrance of herbs and spices and the homey cooking smells comforting and relaxing. Fritz was my loyal sous chef, standing faithfully by to eat any random piece of vegetable that ricocheted off my knife. Hubby agreed that I am a messy cook but agreed that as long as the cook cleans up after herself, it's not a bad thing. Who wants to have the distraction of wiping and washing when you are chopping and stirring!
The end result was hot, spicy and delicious - and I was chilly no more!

4 comments:

  1. Looks so yummy! I love that Fritz was your "sous chef" ha ha so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sepia photo's a great way to display the slight scattering of spice and make the observere's nose twitch in anticipation. I also like the curvy composition of the next pic. Go to the top of the class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lyn,

    Thank you so much for your kind words...
    Thanks for stopping by....
    This chilly recipe looks really good!!!! must try!

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lyn, finally read this and loved it - pics are as great as the story ...
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete