Saturday, February 14, 2009

I Heart You


"Happy Hallmark Day".

That's the first thing I said to my hubby this morning when we awoke. We both chuckled. Thankfully we are on the same page for Valentine's Day... we keep it simple and light hearted, but we do acknowledge it (our love) in our own way. This is where hubby's creativity really shines.

Last year he bolted downstairs to the kitchen while I showered and when I left for work, he handed me a container of hot breakfast to eat at work. When I opened it at the office, I found light fluffy scrambled eggs and heart shaped toast! He got a 10 on the cute score.

This year I bolted downstairs to lay out his Hallmark card beside the little heart shaped box of chocolates I got for him (I know, not original, but he loves his chocolate), only to find the homemade card he had for me displayed on the table with three roses he crafted out of red tissue paper. Ahhhh. Got to love that man!

Had Kidlet's birthday dinner today. We had a feast and a buffet of our favourite people. I think she thoroughly enjoyed it which made all of the cooking and preparations worth it. Hubby and I had quality time in the kitchen chopping and peeling and I resisted all but once offering valuable seasoning tips. Maybe more than once ... the roses almost got recinded.



There is something so satisfying and soul filling to see people you love eating the food you prepare for them. Often hubby has dinner on the table for me when I get home and it warms my heart. I always tell him that nothing says "I love you" like dinner.

On that note, I will sleep well tonight grateful that I have someone special to say those all important three words to ... I heart you!

2 comments:

  1. Can't beat romantic gestures - I once had a message written on the head of a blue drawing pin, then stuck into a shop front to mark the spot on the pavement where our pathes crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or rather, paths - but who cares? Loved your paper flowers and toast.

    ReplyDelete