Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Weathered

It was a beautiful day. Cityscape cloaked in virgin snow - for only a moment - giving way to sinful slush. Branches weighted with the accumulation. I surrender to the winter. I am embracing it, wrapping myself around its freshness, frigidity, and stillness.


Stubborn leaves that refuse to surrender to winter ...

Benzie the car was sad because her fresh-from-the-carwash shiny coat got overshadowed, or should I say snowed under. The window art does not reflect my shift in attitude towards the winter. I am contented and feel lucky to live in a land of four seasons. I just have to keep reminding myself that!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Thanks for commenting on my blog, when people do that it gives me a great chance to find blogs I never knew about- like yours!!! You are a little further into that stage I'm getting too with kids grown and getting out on their own...will be great to read your experiences on the transistion from daily mom to mom when needed..
    You should have drawn a smiley face on your car...at least it gets washed in the winter, I haven't washed my car since we moved here..I see no point, she'd be dirty by the time she got up the dirt road to us anyhow...so now she is a dusty red colour..I think it suits her!!! Winter is the only time the dust part of her colour disappears...hahahaha..sort of :-)
    Have a super day!!

    ReplyDelete