Monday, March 23, 2009

Care to Dance?


My secret obsession -- ballroom dancing. Watching it of course - from the couch. Kidlet and I sit watching the cast of characters from Dancing With the Stars foxtrot, samba and salsa around the ballroom floor, critiquing each slip, lift, and twirl as if we know what we are talking about. For me it's not about the stars ... I am mesmerized watching the beauty of two moving as one, gracefully and elegantly .. spoke too soon --Steve Wozniak just did the worm.

That aside, it makes me long for a return to a time when people knew how to dance together. My parents love to dance and seem to know one another's moves before they make them. I remember my father trying to teach us as teenagers ... don't look down; head up; smooth - no bouncing up and down; don't lead; cover the floor ...

There's a special kind of joy in creating a moment together and feeling and moving with the music as one. Maybe I'll get off the couch and hunt hubby down. Care to dance?

No comments:

Post a Comment