Friday, March 6, 2009

Flirty Spring

Today was a great day! Firstly, I had the best sleep that I have had in a very long time - six and a half dream-filled, uninterrupted hours of slumber. Today is my day off and I did just that - took a day off. A day off from housecleaning, grocery shopping and anything else I didn't want to do. An extra hour laying in my bed, remote in hand watching the morning shows (U2 performing live on GMA), three cups of hot coffee, leisurely sipped while still in my PJs, and an hour long telephone life chat with my Dad (from Florida). Does it get any better??

Yes it does! Spring dropped by for a flirty little visit and our winter temperatures soared to over 17 degrees Celsius. The sun shone hot and brightly in the sky as a reminder of the better weather waiting for us when Winter packs up and heads down to Australia. Hubby and I took in an early 4 pm movie - One Week (a love letter to Canada) and walked our little schnauzer Fritz when we got home. Spring isn't only a flirt, she is a messy guest! The thawed pathway in the forest was reduced to mounds of soft gooey mud and pools of rainwater blocked the trails. Fritz's mud caked little paws earned him a bath.

Today was a wonderfully satisfying day with the impromptu visit from Spring not only the icing on the cake, but a beacon of hope.

I took a few shots from my walk with Fritz.


1 comment:

  1. That last puddle picture was something else again - great.

    ReplyDelete