Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Winter - Checking Out

where is the time going? How cliche ...
do I dare believe that yet another winter has passed
and that we are home-free ...
that spring has truly sprung and is not just a tease?

if so, then I'll ever-so-politely
see our guest to the door -
winter has overstayed his visit -
and I'll not be sad to see him go.

he's leaving some good times behind,
sweet and bittersweet remembrances
a thoughtful reminder of time passing
reasons for gratitude.

I'll say my fond farewell to winter
heaven knows we'll meet again
but now I turn to earth renewed
and let the springtime in ...

guess whose knocking at my door?
welcome April!
You make my spirit soar ...

1 comment:

  1. Love this.

    Good bye winter. Hello spring time and all the warmness and memories you bring. :)

    ReplyDelete