Friday, April 24, 2009

Embracing the Weekend

I am embracing it- a full out two armed, wrapped-around-it hug!

Springtime sunshine has arrived and even better - so has the weekend. Now we turn our attention to reviving our yard, draining the top of the pool so we can remove the cover and start filling it, and pulling out the patio furniture. This of course requires many trips to Home Depot and Canadian Tire. This is the irony of springtime in Canada -- the first warm sunny days drive the throngs to the big box hardware stores -- weekends spent mulling and shopping in the stores instead of relaxing and the much appreciated warm weather.

Hubby and I fall into that irony ... our renewed interest in our back yard has hubby and I excitedly exchanging ideas of how we can transform our outdoor space into our own personal tropical resort. Maybe that was a little exaggerated ... but we'll start with a gazebo.

Planting, weeding, spring cleaning - it all gets us outdoors and after a very long winter, we don't need much of an excuse! All I know is that my eyelids are drooping from the kind of tired that comes from those early doses of fresh air. It's a good tired and I am going to go with it. That means I must bid you good night -- and what the heck -- maybe I'll give the weekend one more hug.

Our little neighbour is also out and about, embracing the warm weather. Not even our mini schnauzer Fritz could deter this bunny.

1 comment: