Friday, April 3, 2009

Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head

Well, the April showers arrived today - with a vengeance! I heard the pattering of raindrops on the roof when I awoke in the middle of the night. From the warmth of my cosy down duvet the rhythm of the rainfall sung like a tender mother's lullaby and I drifted off peacefully. This morning even the grayness and dreariness holds promise -- these April showers transform and awaken the yellowed brown grass and trees and rouse them into their green finery. I smile knowing that when the first of the showers are over, the view will be a little more vibrant, greener and cheerier.

As for me, I am off to another city to see a Seal concert in an intimate setting. This is my birthday present from hubby who always tries to do something creative for my birthdays. Whatever comes our way, it's always an adventure! I just saw the weather report ... better remember the umbrella ... and keep those raindrops from falling on my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment