Saturday, April 4, 2009

Sealed With Some Bliss

Hubby and I just got home from our road trip - a trip to Windsor to see a Seal concert at Caesar's Palace. I always enjoy the time alone with hubby in the car - uninterrupted time to catch up, philosophize (me), dream (me) listen to the extensive music collection on the Zune (him), and just be. The rain was relentless, and the hypnotic rhythm of the wipers made it hard to keep from dozing off. We were cosy in our car, a cocoon from the dreary chill and as I leaned back in my seat listening to the music I realized how special these seemingly simple times spent together can be. For a few hours time is suspended, peace descends and we are left alone in the company of our thoughts and one another.

The concert with our fantastic vista was icing on the cake. I came away from our special get away thinking that we have to make more of an effort to make more together time. Life is wonderful and the fact that I have someone I love so dearly to share it with, only delivers deeper meaning and dimension. A blissful, technicolour life - that is what I am living.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear all about the concert at work on Monday! Hope you're having a great weekend :)

    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely is something to cherish to have someone you love so dearly to share those intimate and precious moments with.

    ReplyDelete