Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sun Day

What a glorious sun-day, and we didn't waste a ray of it. I rolled the blinds up and threw open the drapes, the warmth and brilliance of the sunshine flooding the house. Fritz is clearly as happy as everyone else to see the sun. We caught him sprawled in the grass bathing in the sunshine (without sunscreen!).

Actually we were a little worried about our little schnauzer. Yesterday we found the foil remnants of a chocolate Lindt Easter bunny ... he had eaten the whole thing. This morning he upchucked the "recycled" poisonous chocolate and during our walk in the forest, I had the honour and privilege of filling two bags with doggie poo. Unpleasant as it was, hubby and I were relieved that Fritz seemed to be feeling better and was no worse for wear. I was feeling queasy afterwards though ..

We went to hubby's parents for Easter dinner tonight. Not sure why, but dinner always tastes better when someone else cooks it. Roast beef, ham, baked potatoes, blueberry and apple pies. I ate it all and even got some to go! Family dinners at hubby’s parents are always much quieter than those held at our place but I thoroughly enjoy the contrast. There is a relaxed, easy going vibe. Glasses of good wine, playful banter with sis-in-law and f.i.l and even the odd debate. MIH always has her happy family time hat on and goes above and beyond to make the occasion special. Today an oversized Easter bunny greeted us on the front stoop …

This has been a weekend crammed with family time; my idea of paradise. It has given me cause to pause and reflect … time is a precious gift we can give one another; these family moments weave the fabric of future memories; I am profoundly grateful for each and every hug, smile, conversation from my family. It reminds me what it means to be fully alive and living …

It has been a very happy Easter.




The animal life seemed to be as happy as the humans to see the sun.


1 comment: