Saturday, May 2, 2009

Saturday Saunters


Stupendous Saturday -- that's what it was!

After one of those leisurely mornings, you know the kind -- slow to rise, three cups of coffee, and stolen moments to ponder and set my compass for the day. If my day starts off at my own pace, the rest of the day is relaxing. Proof that most relaxing takes place in the psyche.

Hubby and I sauntered the streets of our town and of course our beautiful waterfront. Those to me are the most carefree moments of all -- walking hand in hand with the sound of waves lapping on the rocky shoreline; fragrance of hyacinths mingled with the fishy, moist air blowing in off the lake filling our nostrils; picking out dream homes as we meander the trail. Peace descends upon me whenever I get close to water whether it be an ocean, lake, river or ... puddle. : )

We gorged on British fish and chips for lunch. I gorged more, adding a side of coleslaw to my order. The only morsel of food left on my plate was the lone fry that I dropped on the floor.

Our magnolia tree is in full bloom. That tree is a tease ... it takes a few days to open its blooms and just when it reaches its peak, and is at its most beautiful, it abruptly sheds its fuchsia petals. So when it blossoms - it demands - you must enjoy it in that very moment or perhaps not at all.

My dad and step mom get back from Florida tomorrow. I prepared a pork roast and baby potatoes for them and left the food in their fridge so they will have a meal after their long journey. I cut a few of the tulips from their back yard garden, put them in an antique milk bottle (as good as a vase) and left them with my welcome note. It seemed a waste not to share them before they wilt away. The deep rose tulips in their front yard however saved themselves for their return ...

Welcome home; we missed you.



2 comments:

  1. Your pics as always are intriguing and lovely! I too am a water lover, more in common than we know ...
    cuz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your call the other night ... like I said - it was icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete