Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sunday Funday


Where do I start?

Camaraderie; exercise; fresh air; family; homecomings; revelations; sunshine; fundraising. My Sunday included all of these. The sun was high and bright in the sky - setting the perfect tone for the day to come. Hubby finished putting up the sun cabana in our back yard, creating that spa-like atmosphere I was hoping for. I told hubby that this is the best gift I could ever get - and it's not even a Hallmark holiday! Now we just have to persuade Fritz not to use it as a fire hydrant.

I received an early morning email from a close friend with revelations about her life and a vivid description of the life she wants to create for herself. I guess you could say she had an "aha" moment. Reading it, I felt proud of her and at the same time honoured to have been privy to it.

Today my daughter and 2 amigas joined me in a fundraising event, Steps for Life, a 5 km walk to help families of victims of workplace violence. Moving testimonials from a wife who lost her husband to occupational disease, and impassioned politicians set the tone for the day. Although not huge in numbers, the swarm of people outfitted in the bright yellow t-shirts sharing fellowship, swapping dog chatter (lots of dogs), and chowing down on foot long hot dogs created a feeling of community. My daughter had her heart set on bringing Fritz, and just like the kids who behave better for company than their parents, Fritz was a downright charmer. He seemed to revel in the company of so many other dogs. Needless to say - he is passed out cold.

Pops and step mom arrived home from Florida. I went over to their place and caught them just minutes after they pulled in. It wasn't long before my sister and her two sons pulled in too. Just like us to have an impromptu family reunion seconds after the chief returned to his tribe.

I am so happy to have them home and those tulips on the front lawn -- just bloomed. This has been a fantastic, fulfilling and rich weekend. Gosh I love my life.

PS - Kidlet had the car both nights ... I am learning to let go. : )





2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, the cabana is beautiful! I can see why you like it so much. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your backyard looks heavenly. Perfect for a future pooch party, hosted by that perfect gentledog Fritz...

    ReplyDelete