Thursday, September 3, 2009

Better Late Than Never

For the second day in a row, the sun shone brightly, high in a clear blue sky in what almost seemed like an apologetic gesture for the rest of the summer. If so - we'll accept the apology and bask in the heat and splendour of the peace offering. Better late than never.

I slept yesterday away ... and chased my nasty cold away too! I went to work today a little shaky, but as the day wore on, I felt better and better. Voila! A day in bed, lots of meds and a followup dose of glorious sunshine and I'm better than new.

I am going to wring every bit of happiness and pleasure out of the last long weekend of the summer - the next weekend is hockey tournament time and I haven't got my arena-wear out of storage yet!

Final note: It occurred to me that Michael Jackson's death marked the beginning of the summer holidays ... and sadly ... his burial marks the end. How tragic that even in death, the madness and chaos that was his life continues. It seems incredulous that from death to burial could take 2 months. Better late than never ...

2 comments:

  1. Lyn, our weather in coinciding again. ;) The last few days have been glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lyn, re. your comment about having tea with me? You'd be lucky - I can't stand the stuff! Fruit tea, or decaf coffee, maybe?
    Love, Pen x :)

    ReplyDelete