Monday, September 14, 2009

What a Wonderful Blog World

It never ceases to amaze me -- the warmth and kindness of my blog community. This community of mine - this cosy little circle of human beings who share a love of writing and connecting - is as real as though they were my next door neighbours, colleagues or coffee buddies. I look forward to catching up with them and if they  God forbid take a vacation or break in blogging, I miss them and eagerly await their return.

How lucky was I to stumble upon these wonderful people ... I remember the very first blog I ever followed -- Carrie over at Carrotspeak. I am not sure how I stumbled across her blog but when I did, and read her charming profile and her display of wit and humour I couldn't believe she didn't have any followers yet. I confess that the fact that she was barely older than Kidlet may have stirred the protective, maternal senses - just a little. I wanted to cast my vote for clever - and I wanted her to know she was being heard. I was privileged to be her first. Of course now that she has been Blog of Note, I am just one of more than 600 of her royal subjects. And even though we have never spoken and will probably never meet, I have grown attached to my little friend and have a vested interest in her life and future. I care about her.

And that goes for so many of my blogger friends from everywhere. You make the world a smaller place.
The colours of the rainbow, so pretty in the post
Are also  in the hearts of people I follow most
I see friends checking in, sayin' "How do you do?"
They're really saying "I love you"
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world.
What a wonderful blog world this is.

2 comments:

  1. :) My birthday starts in less than three hours, and that's about the best gift you could have given me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sweet post. I adore Carrie's blog, as well as yours.

    You are right in saying that blogging makes the world a smaller place. I have met so many wonderful people. People I feel like I have known forever. It's wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete