Monday, October 19, 2009

Freeze Tease

This morning when I got in my car to go to work in the wee hours of the morning, the glowing green digits on the thermometer read -1 Celsius. A sober reminder that winter is waiting in the wings. It was only a teaser though, because it warmed up during the day and they are calling for more seasonal temperatures for the rest of the week.

I had to chuckle -- it was as if this dip into sub zero temperatures was a little reminder to get reacquainted with my ice scraper, dig out my gloves, and find my snow brush. It was a little warning - a drill of sorts.

So I will take it in the spirit in which it was given and make sure to wring every bit of warmth and sunshine out of these last weeks of autumn.  Now - off to dig out that stuff ...

3 comments:

  1. Did you say MINUS ONE???

    oh my God. How do you keep warm? i'm sure that's a dumb question, but I am sure I would freeze to death there.

    I wish it would get cooler here, it still feels like summer.

    You take good care there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, it's difficult to imagine.. it's already 27C here at my desk, early morning at work before we are even open for business, and looks like a real scorcher to come!

    Hope Kidlet is doing OK.. and thanks for the thought provoking post on breast cancer, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! That's coooold. :/ I'm not looking forward to freezing. Thank heaven Christmas is right in the middle of winter or I wouldn't like it one bit. ;)

    ReplyDelete