Thursday, October 8, 2009

Weekend Countdown


Thanksgiving is just a few days away and I can't wait! I picked up the frozen friend my Dad is contributing to the dinner ... he has a few days to chill out and defrost before he gets baked (the turkey - not my dad). Brother is sticking to his tradition of bringing a freshly bought pie and sis is providing a birthday cake for her son  (we're celebrating his birthday at the famjam). Our dishevelled home will be cleaned up and organized (the hockey bag deodourized and stashed), and our quiet house will come alive with the sound of the girls' laughter and chatter, Fritz's frenzied, hyper dog antics and the clanging of empty bottles hitting the recycle bin.

Far away sis and her family will be missing ... so no need to cook the ham. The responsibility to consume all that wine now rests on but a few - and I'll do my very best.  I'll miss you sis.

The countdown is on ... long weekend, here we come!

2 comments:

  1. Amen..we will miss the other family but we will be thinking of them and we will do our best to have another great family get together. Polar Bear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you all - enjoy!!
    cuz

    ReplyDelete