Friday, November 6, 2009

Friday Pause

It's 8:33 pm and my eyelids are drooping. OK - I'll even go as far to admit that I dozed off - computer on my lap, teacup resting on my leg - just for a bit. Fridays are like that. After the stresses of a long week, it seems the moment I allow myself to relax, sleepliness creeps in. And I am not going to fight it. I take my orders from my inner guidance system -- when it tells me I'm tired, I sleep.

I think Friday is a reward for enduring the crazies of the work week. Friday is the pause before the weekend. So tonight I pause and tomorrow I will start again.

Have a good weekend everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Friday is a joy, indeed!

    I was reading about your commuting and I can imagine how that alone would take it out of you.. (not being used to that kind of thing). We drive about 5 mins to work, and occasionally have to stop for other cars on the way, depending on the lateness of our departure. Otherwise, it could be elephants and warthogs we are waiting for!

    Hope you have a wonderful, restful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful!!! But you must work very, very long hours on the days prior...I think this is very, very well-deserved...and earned!!! Hope you had a restful Friday, and a glorious weekend!

    ReplyDelete