Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sunny Sunday

Today was an absolute gift! The sky was deep sea blue - perfectly clear and sunny and it was so warm that we didn't need a jacket. Fritz wanted to rack up steps on the pedometer so he convinced me to take him for an extra long walk. The neighbours were all outside raking their leaves and pushing them to the curb for pick up by the vaccuum trucks that drive by and suck them up with oversized hoses. Our town is very progressive on the environmental front with green bins, pesticide bans, and no bagging bylaws for grass and leaves. The result is huge mounds of dried leaves lining the streets.

It seemed everyone wanted to be in the warm autumn air; to take advantage of this brief reprieve from the onset of winter - possibly the last blast of warmth and sun. Fritz and I loved the sunny Sunday delivered to us. Like I said - it was a gift - one that was appreciated fully. Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my Blog. It sounds like we would be quite compatible!

    I'm glad you were able to enjoy the beautiful fall day with a long walk. Before we know it the cold will be upon us.

    We have growing piles of leaves on the sides of our street. I wonder what actually happens to all those leaves after they are sucked up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that sounds so peaceful. We had a beautiful Sunday here too. I was teaching golf lessons so it was quite perfect - since we were outside. I think my nose even got a tad bit pink. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather was wonderful in Kentucky this weekend too. :) I'm going to miss days like this when winter begins...

    ReplyDelete