Sunday, May 16, 2010

Weekends Away

Another weekend over and gone before we know it. Like a big fat ice cream cone that should take forever to eat, no matter how much we try to make them last, they are finished before we want them to be.

Weekends are a welcomed respite from the working routine and this one was a good one. Family was the recurring theme; visits with the Polar Bear clan down the street and a birthday party for my sis-in-law. Good thing we all like one another! I know many families who are not as "engaged" or close as ours; many for whom this family stuff would be a burden or obligation, however I feel blessed to be living coddled in the cocoon of unconditional, ever-present love of many. I could never have predicted that so many of us would have ended up living a stone's throw away, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Weekends are over and gone before we know it but the good news is that plans are already in the works for next week's famjam - the extra scoop on the cone, with a cherry on top!

4 comments:

  1. it all sounds so wonderful lyn, many blessings to you and your lovely family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love it if more of my family lived close by. My parents live about 10 hours north and my sister about a 3 days drive west. I do live with my little sis, but it's not the same as having our entire family close. We usually get *stuck* doing family things with her in-laws, which isn't always bad but at times I wish it were my family always getting together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Family time is always so special! My mum arrived today, for a short 10 day visit.. it is so amazing to have her here, as she lives sooo far away, we only see each other once a year. You are blessed, as Lori says!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do sooo love the ice cream analogy! So very, very true! And I think your family sounds perfect...what joy they must bring you...Have a wonderful week...looking forward to your next famjam...Love it! Janine XO

    ReplyDelete