Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Spirit Triumphant

There are barely words to describe it ... the emotion that is swelling in my heart and overcoming my very being. The last Chilean miner finally reached the surface; finally released from entrapment; finally free.

Is the whole world glued to this miraculous ending to a story so incredible, it wouldn't fly as fiction? God bless each and every one of them. That is the thought that pops into my head.

Apparently the miners were more intent on being the last one rescued, that being the first to exit; their caring for one another remained paramount; not a shred of selfishness. As the last miner emerged and embraced the Chilean President he commented, "That was a 70 day shift!" Humour intact. There are lessons to be learned here ...

In times when we are long on tragedy and disaster, the courage and resolve of these miners and their sterling spirit are balm for the soul. Their solidarity and determination in the face of adversity inspires and restores our hope.

Tonight there are at least 33 families on the planet who will slumber more peacefully - and the rest of the world will breath a collective sigh of relief.     e x h a l e

2 comments:

  1. I so agree Lyn, it was difficult to tear myself away from the screen last night. Got to the 27th out before sleep took over so really pleased to here all are safe and sound.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I were glued to the television - it was so engrossing to watch. It brought tears to my eyes every time I turned it on. What a miraculous story!

    ReplyDelete