Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Remains of the Day

Kitty can't wait!
Things haven't turned out exactly as planned. Somewhere along the line my perfectly concocted activity timeline fell off the rails. So I am kind of in a state of disorganization -- or what I like to call organized chaos. To save myself a thousand words, here are some pictures of my current state of affairs ...

Pre-platter fruit for Christmas morning ... laying in waiting.

Adventures in baking - currant and cranberry scones.
 "Green" adventures in wrapping.Tea towels anyone?

Casualties of baking ... mess!

And more mess ... how many sleeps until Christmas??
So these busy, crazy days leading up to Christmas are to be cherished and enjoyed. So what if the cookies are a little burned crunchy or the house - a little cluttered; that's what closets are for! I am staying the course and avoiding the "stress" word. It's all good. The gift of Christmas is in the doing, not the booing. And this good cheer is a present to myself.

Two more sleeps ...

2 comments:

  1. There are always messes at Christmas time and never enough time to make everything perfect - but that's what it's all about! I feel like Christmas totally snuck up on me this year and I'm very unprepared - but I will pull everything together and be ready to head to northern Vermont tomorrow! Have a great holiday Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HaHaHa!! I also love the prep work and no, its never perfect, but we did de-clutter this morning - moved all the building stuff and excess stuff to our very tiny spare room - with a door!! All is good:) Doesn't work for Fung Shui, but ... there's next year for that!!
    Enjoy your family, and forget the mess!
    cuz

    ReplyDelete