Friday, January 7, 2011

Here and There

First walk in the snow of the season. Armed with plastic bags in my pockets for pick up duty, my breath steamed in the air as I ran the pathway with Fritz. My mind wandered to far off places as we left a trail of foot and paw prints in the snow. The southern Sudan has a monumental referendum vote on Sunday that could potentially erupt into violence and even a full blown conflict. Innocent people could be killed.

So today on my leisurely day off, with my biggest worry being whether or not  I brought along enough "doggie doo" bags, my heart and soul is with the men, women and children in the Sudan who will be fighting for their independence, and perhaps, their very lives.

In the cold wintry forest, with the sun sitting low in the stark trees, I whispered a silent prayer for peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment