Saturday, August 13, 2011

Scenes from Cottageland

This is one of the few weekends that hubby and I haven't spent up at our cottage. My dad's surgery was scheduled for Friday (rescheduled from June 30) however the doctors weren't confident that they knew exactly what drugs he reacted to. They don't want to take a chance with his life (HALLELUJAH) so they called it off until they can be sure. Pops is handling it with a remarkable attitude; he has released that over which he has no control and has chosen gratitude for the diligence of his doctor. It will happen all in good time.

So- I thought I would share a few pics taken at our cottage, Falconridge. It's the next best thing to being there ....
Next lake over apres portage!
This is on the lake beside ours. This reminds me of a Group of Seven painting.
Canoe trip
Our "shower" at the cottage

Neglected rubbers

Lunar moth in the making

Restaurant dock at sunset
Dock outside the restaurant
Chipmunks chasing nuts on the deck

1 comment:

  1. These photos are gorgeous! I especially love the two taken at sunset. Fantastic!

    Also, I hope your dad's surgery is back on track, and that he's doing well in the meantime!

    ReplyDelete