Monday, September 26, 2011

Way to Inspire

This time last year I was gearing up to go to We Day, still reveling in the euphoric aftermath of our Kenya trip. It was the experience that kept on giving, and left an indelible impression. Tomorrow I will watch the inspirational testimonials, and musical tributes that amount to a celebration of evangelical proportion via an Internet stream. Nothing like thousands of school-aged pumped up, wired, shameless idealists (that's what they call themselves) committing to being agents of change, to restore hope and kick my butt into action. The youth of today are fearless; they understand that they are part of a global village with responsibilities to their larger human family. They inspire me to ask myself what my role is in creating a better world; they show me that every  effort, no matter how small, creates a ripple of much needed change.

Our youth have much to teach us. We just have to pay attention.

1 comment: