Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Sleepless and Surging

My eyes popped open and the fuzzy numbers on my clock radio told me it was 

2:10 AM: I took a groggy trip to the water closet and tried to maintain the sleepiness. It was not to be; visions of my work day danced in my head. I spelled out agendas, and planned my day. I closed my eyes tightly and tried to clear my head. 

2:18 AM: Power surge. Kicked covers off. 

2:35 AM: Freezing. Dog had the covers.

2:55 AM: Dog's snoring and random circling and plopping yet another distraction. I focused on slowing my breathing and ended up replaying the hospital visit I had with my dad. He's ready to come home. 

3:05 AM: Another power surge. Covers off.

3:20 AM: Yikes!

3:29 AM: In search of covers ... cuddled the dog for heat.

4:04 AM: My mind continued to spin. I felt bad for some cranky behaviour and prayed for forgiveness. Then I prayed for sleep ... and switched to positive affirmations ... I accept peace and tranquility and sleep and then reverted to begging ... pleeeze!

4:25 AM: Cr@p. Almost time to get up. Mentally reviewed my closet ... what to wear?

4:35 AM: One more run through of the agenda for my morning meeting.

5:40 AM: Eyes popped open and the fuzzy numbers on my clock radio told me it was time to get up.

Needless to say, it was a very   l o n g   day. Long, but very well planned out!


2 comments:

  1. Ugg, I hate nights like that! I've had a few these last few days and can't wait for them to pass. Hope you get a good night sleep tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I think morning meetings should be forbidden!

    ReplyDelete