Sunday, January 8, 2012

Around Town

A full week into January and winter is still sidelined; although on a particular day you can feel a hint of frigid in the wind. But this morning the sun streaming in my window signaled another day of glorious weather and coaxed hubby and I down to the lake to enjoy the reprieve.

So Sunday was spent as it was meant to be .,. in the sun, walking about our picturesque little town. The oaks stand mighty; the heritage homes are reminiscent of English manors; the main street is thriving and alive, and the lake hugs the community with deep affection.

Today was as close to perfect as you could get. Soon my pictures will be of a snowy, frozen world but until then, I am grateful for the above freezing temps, sunshine and freshness that is our January - for now. Here are scenes from our day.












Hot tea in a starry mug

1 comment:

  1. I'm in love with your tea mug. So pretty! Glad you had a good time. :)

    ReplyDelete