Saturday, February 18, 2012

China Bound

I'm packed and excited for our trip - despite the expression reflected on my Chinese visa. I am travelling heavier than usual with luggage loaded with gifts of of Nescafe, mini Appleton rums, 5 pairs of red Olympic mittens and  several tetra paks of Pinot Grigio (for me),  winter clothing: boots, scarves, hats and work out gear. I slipped the glass bottles of rum into the shoes. We have cashews, raisins, craisins, granola bars, almonds and even a jar of peanut butter in case the exotic food fare doesn't go over well with hubby.

I didn't tell him but I slipped a set of cutlery in amongst my pj's to carry in my purse just in case the chopsticks don't deliver for him. So now all I have to do is get a good night's sleep and wake up for our great adventure to China. It's a 13.5 hour flight; just enough time to watch a few movies, finish a book, brush my teeth a few times (thankful I got the root canal this week instead of waiting for a crisis), devour a few of those culinary delights the airline serves and maybe catch a few z's. 

So stay tuned for my posts from Beijing, Xi'an and Shanghai. I predict lots of pictures of food! 

3 comments:

  1. DIH,
    I shall excitedly 'stay tuned' as your upcoming adventures unfold. Travel safe and guard that cutlery! (I'm confident it will be a very welcomed accessory for your very Canadian-born/oops German-minded hubby...
    Luv ya both tons!
    MIH
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, good luck on your trip! Nice blog! xoxo jadina77

    Check out my blog, and we can follow each other!
    www.jadinashodgepodge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. safe travels lyn! china? welcome to the orient, looking forward to the photos! have a wonderful trip.
    xx lori

    ReplyDelete