Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Royal Week

I feel like a queen with a week of socializing rolled out before me - dinners and get togethers with very special people in my life. It's birthday week and each and every day has a precious birthday nugget in store -- lunch with my work family, dinner with my amigos, dinner with my loving in-laws, dinner with my kidlets (who are now chicklets) -- TIME with loved ones. I know,  it's alot of eating. Time with loved ones has become the absolute most precious gift - I simply can't get enough of it.

Last weekend I kicked off the love-spree with a patio date with hubby, lunch with my MIH, and time with the ninety-something grannies. I made spaghetti and meatballs for my little sis and I and Kidlet joined us for a little chin-wag. We chatted and laughed between  noodle slurps and sips of wine and got caught up properly. I love those times when the  worries and busy-ness of the day falls away and we slip effortlessly into the cosy, sisterly, cocoon of comfort and familiarlity that comes with sharing a room - and a life.

So that long-winded preamble takes me to this week! Lots of plans and more importantly - a time to reflect. My weekly giving has been chaotic and sporadic - but I am back on track. My purpose is clear - live to give (in all ways possible). So this week I declare my birthday a time to plan my giving and count my blessings. this week I will donate my age (52) to a sustainable cause (soon to be announced).

 As I reflect on the life that I was blessed to be born into and create, my heart will be filled with gratitude. Now - let the party begin!

2 comments:

  1. ~"It's not how much we give, but how much love we put into giving"~ per Mother Teresa.

    DIH, you embody the above phrase with your genuine caring, giving and loving nature. So, sit back/dig in and enjoy also receiving the rewards of your giving.
    Luv ya, MIH

    ReplyDelete