Thursday, February 14, 2013

Adventure Calling

On a day basked in red, pink, chocolate and hearts, the spark of a lifetime dream was ignited. My life-long friend and I booked a volunteer trip to Kilimanjaro, Tanzania. After months of wanting, wishing, and wondering, I converted "if" to "when". 

And as with all things that are important to me, the anticipation is as exciting as the adventure. One thing I have learned is that although the trip is cloaked in volunteerism, we will leave a part of ourselves in Africa and come home with more than we went with. We will learn, experience, share, care, cry, laugh, and wonder. And just like my trip to Kenya with Kidlet, I will make this memory with someone I love, and we'll have this treasure to relive again and again for years to come.

What a perfect day! I share my life with a man who still makes my heart skip a beat; my dress zipped up effortlessly (not so a week or two ago); and I am on the way to Tanzania. A reminder to dream, for they do indeed come true. Life is good - and for that, I am supremely grateful.

2 comments:

  1. Yay, such good news! What a great way to spend a trip with a friend. I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete