Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Help an Everyday Child Learn, Earn, and Return

Logo courtesy of www.everydaychild.org/
In my search for my next weekly "give a little" I stumbled across the Everyday Child initiative. Everyday Child is raising money to build a learning centre for impoverished children in Mombai to give them the opportunity to learn something new, earn something out of it (whether it is monetary, tools, experience, etc.) and then empower them to return the knowledge and skills they acquired by teaching someone else. The hope is that it will foster an everlasting cycle of education.

I love mostly everything and anything to do with education; I donated to help them reach their goal of building their learning centre by 2014. I grew up in the hay day of education -- when schools provided a myriad of activities,arts, music, opportunities, access to equipment, clubs and teams to join - all at no cost to the student. We were taught to play instruments, sew, cook, woodwork, repair, weld, paint, and create. Today's children are not so fortunate, especially those who are impoverished or living in regions with no access to education. If we all give a little, we can achieve alot.

Read about my weekly  Give a Little challenge and other posts. I have to give ongoing props to Wendy Smith for her inspiring book, Give a Little. Consider giving it a read.

No comments:

Post a Comment