Thursday, February 28, 2013

In the Early Morn

There is something mystical about the early hours of morn when the world is hushed in slumber. This morning I awoke to a crystalline snowy winter wonderland, glistening in the fading moonlight. I thought about reaching for my camera, opting instead to capture the image to  memory.  I stole a few moments in the silence, pausing to breathe - to take it all in. Today is going to be a really good day.

Then it was out the door to greet the hectic and the routine of the commute. The snow was wet and heavy -- perfect snowball making conditions. I made a mini snowman and planted it on hubby's car and carved my signature hearts and smiles on his windshield.

The tranquility of the morn was a perfect beginning, not to be repeated for the rest of the day. But no matter; the gift was accepted, and cherished. And for that, I am truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment